Apple Mail is one of the most thoroughly used email communication systems that keep user's data in the .mbox file. But it is a suitable solution among various Mac users, there is a huge number of Mac users who are not satisfied with Apple Mail, and they are migrating to the advanced, feature-rich Office 365, Exchange Online OWA email system.
To help those users who are ready to migrate from Mac Mail to Office 365, we are going to demonstrate two methods of moving Mac Apple Mail emails into Office 365. One of the methods is manual and the second one is automated. We will describe both the methods in a step-by-step manner so that you can easily achieve Apple Mail to Office 365 migration without any hassle.
Before we continue and explain the conversion processes, let us first talk about why people are taking a break from Mac Mail emails.
Reasons to Migrate from Mac Mail to Office 365 Account
Fewer Features compared to Exchange Online: Thanks to Microsoft that it has been continuously adding instinctive features in its Outlook email application. Top features like online mailbox access, meeting invites, calendars, etc. are creating professional tasks well-organized and systematic. With so many advanced functions and quick connectivity, migration to Office 365 is being done.
No one limitation to the desktop: Office 365 gives the capability to access all kinds of data like emails, contacts, calendar, etc. from all web browser and all place of the world. It means you are not restricted to Outlook desktop application as you do in case of Mac Mail.
You are not further using Mac anymore: It is still a situation when you need to migrate from Apple Mail to Office 365. This cause happens when you work for an organization based on the project requirement, you want to switch between different machines running on a different operating system.
There are a few of the thinkable reasons among many more because of which the migration is needed. Whatever the reason is, let's take you through a few simple methods to migrate from Mac Mail to Office 365 account.
Techniques to Migrate from Apple Mail to Office 365 Webmail
- Manual Method - Using IMAP
- Automated Method - Using MBOX to Office 365 Tool
Manually Move Apple Mail Emails to Outlook Web Access using IMAP
One of the most commonly used techniques to move emails from Apple Mail mailbox to Office 365 is the use of IMAP feature. While it is a widely used method, you should consider using this method only when:
- You are a technical person.
- You have Office 365 installed and configured on the system.
- You have a working Gmail account.
- You can do some work around in Gmail and Office 365.
- You do not require access to everything kept in your Mac Mail's MBOX file.
- You want access to some crucial emails from Mac Mail to Exchange Online.
If you find these conditions, achieve the below-mentioned steps to apply to smooth Apple Mail to Office 365 migration:
- Install Apple Mail and configure your Gmail account in Apple Mail by using the IMAP feature.
- Now, create a new folder in your Gmail account within Mac Mail.
- As started before, you can use this method for restricted or limited migration. You can choose essential emails and move them to the new folder you just created in your Gmail account in Apple Mail.
- Now, start Office 365 and configure your Gmail account here as well using the IMAP feature.
- Once the configuration is finished, you will be able to view the new folder, which you created in your Gmail account in Mac Mail application.
- Now, open this folder, choose emails, and transfer them to a folder in O365.
- Then, you can delete your Gmail account from Exchange Online and Mac Mail as well.
You are done with the Apple Mail to Office 365 migration.
Migrate from Mac Mail to Office 365 Account with MBOX to Office 365 Tool
The second process, also simple and reliable, is the use of a professional MBOX Mailbox to Office 365 Migration Tool. MBOX is a file in which Mac Apple Mail keeps all your emails, attachments, and other items. You can open this file with suitable email applications such as Thunderbird, Mac Mail, Eudora, Entourage, etc. But unfortunately, Office 365 does not support MBOX file; it supports only PST file. Therefore, you need to migrate from Apple Mail to Office 365 . But first you need to export all Apple Mail emails in MBOX file format, then you can use this tool and directly perform the task without any interruption or error.
Benefits of using MBOX to Office 365 Tool to Migrate Apple Mail Emails to Office 365:
- Technical knowledge is not required.
- No limitation for migrating Mac Mail emails into Outlook Web Access.
- You get several saving options
- No limit for the size of the Apple Mail MBOX file.
- Fast and instant results are given.
- A free trial version is available. So you can check the working of the tool before you pay for a license key.
Migrating emails from Mac Mail to Office 365 is not a simple task if done without the use of an advanced email migration tool. However, a manual solution is there that can be helpful for those who are technically sound. So here we have mentioned both manual and automated techniques, which you can use as per your need.