Thunderbird is a free e-mail platform supported by Mozilla which can runnable on Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, and other supported systems. It facilitates user to send, receive, and manage their e-mail database in a proper manner. Thunderbird stored their mailbox data in MBOX format and save the single email file as EML extension. On other side, A PST file is a data storage files which is also called as personal information manager created by Microsoft Outlook and Exchange. It also contains e-mail folders, contacts, address books, calendars and other data items.
"I have a thousands of Thunderbird emails which I want to convert into PST file format due to some critical issues arise in Thunderbird email client. So, anyone please tell me can Thunderbird export to PST file format without any trouble? "
Maximum users are cross with the same problem mentioned above, but the question is how can we resolve it? Do not need to worry anymore, if you are also one of them just keep reading this article for getting the final solution. You can notice to scroll down the different techniques available for users in this post. But before to directly jump on the solutions I want to discuss with you that why user planned to switch Thunderbird to PST.
Various Reasons to Perform Thunderbird to PST Migration Process
- Issues Arise in Thunderbird Application
- Does not give better data security feature
- RSS feed is not adequately integrated
- In this app, you can not manage tasks
- Difficult to manage calendars
- Restriction on create rules
- Facilities of Microsoft Outlook Application
- Easily manage all items like- contacts, emails, calendars
- Perfectly decorated for RSS feed system
- Easy to create notes
- Supportable for both IMAP and POP
- Offers best security facilities
- SPAM filter option is amazing
Where Is Exact Location of Thunderbird Profile Folder?
Thunderbird File Location in Windows XP/2000
Go to Start Menu and press Run tab. Now, insert the command “%appdata%” in the search option and press on OK button. After doing this, a Windows explorer wizard will be explored >> go to Thunderbird within this Window >> Profiles >> if you can see various folders within this tab then, you have multiple accounts in Thunderbird within the computer >> locate the single you need to
Direct way to go with the Thunderbird profile within same system is also possible with: C:\Users\<Windows username>\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\<Profile name>\
Thunderbird File Location in Other Windows Editions
Navigate “Start” Menu of Windows >> Put the %APPDATA% command >> Go with “Roaming” explored in results >> Press on Roaming >> The window explored contains Thunderbird >> Profiles (reserves number of folders, every single displays individual account for different users)
The straight way to reach on Thunderbird profile is: C:\Users\<Windows user name>\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\<Profile name>\
AppData folder, which is unseen folder and you need to move this folder in available mode using describe below process:
- Start Windows Explorer Window
- Go to "Organize"
- Choose Folder and Search Options
- Go with Folder Options
- Now, under the View tab, use Show hidden files and folders
How to Export Thunderbird Emails to PST Manually?
From the above mentioned location of Thunderbird profile folder, you will get the without extension mailbox files which is your MBOX files. And for next to convert these MBOX files to PST format you have to go through with some stages which is properly explained in the procedure. Let’s follow the steps are given below:
Stage l- Import Thunderbird MBOX Files in Eudora Email Client
- First, you have to install the Eudora email client
- Now, rename your InboxMBOX file into InboxMBOX.mbx.
- In this, you have to move this InboxMBOX.mbx file to the file directory location of Eudora application. Here’s the location: C:Documents and Settings<user>Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora
- At the end, just open the Eudora application on your machine to confirm the mailbox creation, double-tap on the InboxMBOX.mbx file. And, then close the Eudora.
Stage ll- Transfer Data from Eudora to Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook application on your system
- Go to the File tab from the top side. In the options, navigate Open button and press on Import tab.
- Import and Export wizard open, choose Import Internet Mail and Addresses in the list.
- Press on Next button to continue further
- On the Outlook Import Tool Windows, choose Eudora from the list. And, Import Mail and Import Address book boxes are checked by default.
- If you need to import only email messages, then click on the checkbox of Import Address book box. Now, proceed with the Next button.
- On the Browse for Folder window, choose the email folder for Eudora app.
- At last, click on OK button to finalize the process.
After few minutes, the process will be finished and then you can imported MBOX mailbox in the Outlook application.
Important Note: As we can see above procedure is too long and little bit confusing for non-technical user. And, also it might be failed at some point or showing some error during the process because it does not give any guarantee for successful result. To avoid such kind of problems you can try MBOX to PST Converter which can directly convert MBOX mailbox to PST file format at once without installation of any other email application.
Under this technique, you have to go through with the few rounds mentioned in the below side. In which first you can extract all the single email messages known as EML file from Thunderbird email client. After that you have to transfer these EML files into Outlook Express and then transfer data from Outlook Express to MS Outlook application. Follow the properly described steps given below:
Round l- Extract EML File from Thunderbird Application
- Install Mozilla Thunderbird program open it
- Now, select the emails which you want to export use “CTRL+A” to select all messages >> right press on selected emails >> Choose Save Selected Messages >> Select EML Format
- Lastly, choose the folder where you want to save the EML files >> Press on Select Folder button.
Round ll- Import EML Files to Outlook Express
- Start Outlook Express on your system
- Create a new sub-folder >> Right click on any Existing folder >> Press on New Folder
- Decide a desired name and then proceed with the OK button.
- Now, go to folder path in your system, where you have stored all EML files >> Select all EML files (Ctrl + A) >> Drag all the selected EML files and drop into fresh created folder previously.
- At the end, you can see all EML files are imported in new folder.
Round lll- Migrate Outlook Express Folder to Microsoft Outlook
- Download and open MS Outlook 2007 on your PC
- Go to File menu and press Import and Export option
- Then, press on Import Internet Mail and Addresses tab, and press on Next button.
- Now, press on Outlook Express and select the Import mail check box.
- Go with the Next button and then press Finish.
- Finally, the process is complete and you can get all the EML files at the end in Microsoft Outlook application.
Important Note: The second technique is can be suitable for non-technical user because they have a complete knowledge about the all email application. And, as you can see above, the complete process is going through with the three round which definitely takes lot of time of user. If you consider this technique, then get ready to give your 100% attention from the beginning to the ending of the process. Otherwise, you can go with professional choice that comes with EML to PST Converter Tool which offers the safe and secure migration process for technical and non-technical users.
To summing up the article, I just want to tell you that you can opt any of the solution from the above described. But before to choose any solution think twice and take a right decision that fulfilled the need for conversion. And, make sure if you choose any manual technique then to follow the steps to take a proper backup of the complete Thunderbird database. I hope you will get right choice for the conversion.