If the user wants to NSF file data access in Outlook then they need to convert all NSF data into Outlook PST format. Among the organizations, IBM / Lotus Notes and MS Outlook are both popular email clients. However, sometimes for some reason, many users need to convert their email client to Outlook from Lotus Notes into Outlook. But it is not possible to access Direct NSF files in Outlook. To access your NSF email data in MS Outlook, you need to convert NSF data into Microsoft Outlook PST format.
The reason behind to NSF to Outlook PST conversion-
- The cost of Microsoft Outlook is significantly lower than Lotus Notes.
- On Outlook, users can easily configure many accounts simultaneously.
- IBM notes are less user-friendly than MS Outlook. New users find it difficult to work with Lotus Notes compared to Outlook.
- Job switch can be a reason because the new workplace may have Outlook as an email client.
For Lotus Notes users, the above reasons are enough to switch to Outlook. Also, NSF files cannot be directly accessed in Outlook. This is why data conversion is required for users to access Lotus Notes data in Microsoft Outlook. The user can easily transfer NSF file data to Outlook PST using manual method and third-party software.
Manual Method to convert NSF to PST-
Prior to manual conversion, the user needs to take a backup copy of the original NSF file, as the file may be damaged during the migration process. A two-step manual method is used to export NSF files to Outlook PST files.
- Transfer NSF files to Lotus Notes from a midway CSV file.
- Import the midway CSV file into Microsoft Outlook.
Why do we avoid the Manual method?
There are many drawbacks in the Manual method therefore user choose third-party tools.
- This is a time-consuming process and often fails to transfer entire data
- If it was not done correctly, then NSF file may have corruption
- Selective conversion is not possible in manual method
- Broken images/lost attachment/ Shattered structure
- It exports only one NSF file at a time, making the process very long and dull
To convert Thunderbird NSF data to Outlook PST, I suggest to NSF to PST converter tool. This software Quickly Export lotus notes data to Outlook PST format and migrates all your email folders/sub-folders from NSF to Microsoft Outlook. It provides much more functionality as well as converts NSF data in PST format.
- Scan Lotus Notes .nsf files and preview e-mails, contacts, tasks, calendars, and To-Do Lists
- The user can easily select the required folder and export NSF mailbox to PST file.
- The conversion tool is capable to export all NSF data to PST format without MS Outlook installation.
- This software changed the PST files according to the NSF file size and created several PSTs of a large NSF file.
- The user should be installed IBM Lotus notes in it and should be configured in the Dummy profile.
- It Supports to IBM Lotus Notes 9.0.1, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0.2, 7.0, 6.5 and 6.0 versions.
- It is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Outlook.
- It easily converts name. NSF to PST, MSG and standard .vcf format, which the user can easily import into Outlook.
Conclusion- I have given a very easy way to convert all lotus notes NSF file into Microsoft Outlook PST format. I have described an overview of the manual method as well as a tool to export NSF file into Outlook. If the user will not export all NSF files into PST manually then adopt NSF to PST Converter tool. The software easily exports bulk IBM notes mailbox data into Outlook PST format.