This blog is discussed why and how to convert Thunderbird emails to Outlook PST format to import Mozilla Thunderbird mail folders into MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007, etc. So read this technical stuff to make sure how to migrate Thunderbird messages to MS Outlook along with same folder structure and e-mail attachments.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a free open source email client which is used by several users for managing business e-mail accounts. Thunderbird uses MBOX extension to save e-mail account data and create separate files for each mail folder without any extension such as Inbox, Draft and Sent, etc. These files can be used with other MBOX supported email clients like Apple Mail, Mac Entourage, Eudora and Poco Mail, etc. But MBOX file type is not supported by Microsoft Outlook which is the best alternative for professionals.
Why Need to Convert Emails from Mozilla Thunderbird to MS Outlook?
Using Mozilla Thunderbird for business is quite less secure because it is a free open source application and you will not able to claim for any loss. Other strong reasons for migrating Thunderbird to Outlook are advanced features and security concerns which help to improve our business and make email secure. Apart from these reasons, there are several other cases where the user thinks about Thunderbird to Outlook conversion. So the main point is that how to convert Mozilla Thunderbird mail folders to PST format to use them with MS Outlook.
How to Transfer Thunderbird Emails to Outlook?
There are two methods by using them you can convert Thunderbird emails to Outlook. One is Manual and second is KDETools Thunderbird to Outlook converter.
Manual solution for Thunderbird to Outlook conversion
You can migrate Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook with a few manual steps and other email programs. But a manual technique to move Thunderbird data to MS Outlook is quite a time consuming as shown below:
1. In the very first step, rename your Thunderbird MBOX files with MBOX extension for e.g.: Inbox to Inbox.mbx
2. Now install Eudora on your PC and copy these files to their default file location (C:\Documents and Settings\my username\Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora)
3. Launch the Eudora mail and you will able to see these file in Eudora.
4. Export Mails from Eudora to Outlook Express
5. Import Emails from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook
Convert Thunderbird to PST format by Using KDETools Thunderbird Converter
This is the most suitable method for migrating Thunderbird user mailboxes to Microsoft Outlook. You just need to download and install the software on your PC to complete the conversion task.
- Click on Open button to Browse all Thunderbird folders or file.
- The software will load the file and preview messages.
- Click on the Export button, choose the required options.
- Click on the Convert Now button to start the conversion process.