Recently, switching from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook has become one of the common examples of e-mail migration among organizations around the world. In many cases, there is a requirement to access Lotus Notes NSF files in MS Outlook, for professional reasons. However, because MS Outlook does not support only PST format, can not the same thing. To access them in MS Outlook, you need to convert the NSF file to PST format.
Why do I need to migrate from NSF to PST?
Data migration is becoming a common trend these days due to changing business needs, costs, and data management issues. The main reason for the conversion of Lotus Notes to PST files is the simplicity and data management features of MS Outlook. Also, Outlook lets you work in offline mode. Furthermore, Lotus Notes NSF files are very likely to be damaged for a variety of reasons. It is due to virus attack, sudden system shutdown or power outage, etc. If you try to access a corrupted NSF file, an error message may be displayed. Some of the advantages Outlook has over Lotus Notes.
- MS Outlook allows offline access to your mailbox using offline folders.
- MS Outlook provides improved data management capabilities compared to Lotus Notes.
- MS Outlook is more user-friendly Lotus Notes.
- MS Outlook requires less maintenance cost.
- MS Outlook is easy to share data than Lotus Notes.
Perform NSF to PST migration
If you only want to access NSF files in MS Outlook, you can convert them to Outlook PST format using the manual method (Import / Export). The whole process of manual conversion from NSF to PST is as follows:
Manual method of converting NSF to PST
It is mandatory to summarize the original NSF file before starting the conversion. The original file may be corrupted during the conversion process. Manual method of converting to PST from NSF will through two phases:
Perform the following steps to export Lotus Notes NSF files:
- Run IBM Notes .
- Open the NSF database file.
- Click [ File ]> [ Export ] (Lotus Notes will open Export Wizard window).
- Select the preferred location to save your file. Also, set comma-separated value type in the Save As tab.
- A dialog box is displayed: Select the required option. Then, select OK .
- Enter a new name for the exported NSF file and select the Export button.
Now you will have to import the exported Lotus Notes file into MS Outlook.
Perform the following steps to import the exported NSF file into MS Outlook:
- Open MS Outlook
- Hit File > Import (Import and Export Wizard is open)
- Choose Import from another program or file , and then click Next
- Select comma-separated values (Windows)
- Refer to the path of the exported NSF file, select the Replace duplicates with item imported
- Select the folder to which you want to import data and click Next (import will start).
- When you are finished, click Finish .
The exported NSF file has been successfully imported into MS Outlook. Now, you can access Lotus Notes data in MS Outlook.
However, manual methods have their limitations and drawbacks. First of all, it may be a bit long and confuse non-technical users. Secondly, there is a risk of losing data during the process. And third, it is impossible to migrate large amounts of Lotus Notes data to MS Outlook. As a result, organizations that want to migrate huge Lotus Notes data are not preferred. The biggest problem is that in some cases this solution only transfers contacts (in a single account) to MS Outlook. And our top priority is the E-mail of the entire Lotus Notes domain.
In many cases, you can not migrate email from NSF file to MS Outlook even by the manual method. In multiple cases, only the contacts and address are imported in MS Outlook without any email messages.
If the manual method does not produce the desired result, third-party NSF to PST conversion software can be used to migrate Lotus Notes files to MS Outlook. Perform simple conversion from NSF to PST under almost all conditions.
Lotus Notes to Outlook Conversion Tool
Is an advanced software to accurately convert NSF files of Lotus Notes to Outlook PST file. This software is known to quickly and accurately migrate entire Lotus Notes data to MS Outlook. The software performs a complete migration of all emails, contacts, drafts, attachments, events, notes, appointments, calendar items etc. Lotus Notes on MS Outlook. Provides an option to save migrated NSF files in HTML, TEXT, RTF format. You can also migrate multiple NSF files and Domino server files in advanced data scan mode. It also supports Unicode character migration.
Step by Step Process for Converting Lotus Notes NSF Files to MS Outlook PST
The software converts NSF files to PST format in a simple procedure. This is the entire easy procedure for migrating from Lotus Notes (now known as IBM Notes) to the MS Outlook platform.
- Launch SysTools Export Notes utility.
- Browse and select the Lotus Notes nsf files from your system.
- Now, again browse and select the names.nsf file to transfer all your contacts.
- Choose to migrate the contacts into the same or different PST file.
- The Export selected folder option will allow you to convert the required data to Outlook. Hit the Select folder button to continue.
- Here set the required folder and click on Apply button
- The tool allows you to map all the CN values as per the names.nsf file. You can perform custom mapping later on. Hit Next button here.
- Apply filters as per preference and choose Advance Settings for custom folder mapping and email address translation.
- You can also choose to split the added mailbox files into multiple PST files. Hit Export to start the conversion process.
- The files will be saved at desired location and you can access them in all Outlook versions.
The trial version of the software is absolutely free. You can simply download it and start using it for free, and you can easily get used to its operation and important functions. For details of software operation, visit: https://www.systoolsgroup.com/export-notes/how-it-works.html